Friday, May 8, 2009

The Dutch Housewife

The inner workings of a 17th-century homemaker's mind...


(Gerrit Dou, The Dutch Housewife, 1650)

I had a piece each from the 16th, 18th, 19th, and 20th century this week, so I wanted to fill the gap, but this is the best I could find. It kind of fits with my theme, though I don't know about you guys, but this one doesn't really trompe my oeil very much. Oh well. Look at her face, though! She is so sick of making chicken, you guys.

Thus concludes the week of illusions, anamorphoses, trompes l'œil, and so forth. Next week: a surprise! And, please note that you can now follow this blog with the convenient little follow button on the sidebar. I hope that you will consider. My blog is always welcome to you.

2 comments:

Regina said...

Mix mix, stir stir, I married young, it's all a blur...

Miss S said...

I just found this,and OMG! I was ROFL!1